I was nominated for the Liebster award by Brittany Gary! If you haven’t already checked her blog out, I recommend that you do. I love her beauty advice and make-up reviews. I’m such a blogging newbie, but It’s a pretty cool feeling to be nominated. Thank you so much again, Brittany!
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Create a post thanking the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. State 11 interesting facts about yourself.
3. Answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers to answer.
11 Facts About Me
- I am the youngest of 4 girls- I know, poor dad.
- When I was younger I used to say I wanted to be a fashion designer, but then found out I can’t sew to save my life.
- I love the gym. I love exercise, I love fitness. I actually like to go workout. I love cooking healthy- I just like having a healthy lifestyle.
- In college I changed my major 4 times. I started with Fashion Design/Merchandising, went to Public Relations, then Business Administration (needed 2 more classes to finish a minor but was terrified of taking Business Law) switched to Sociology, then finally ended up with a BA in Psychology and a MA in Counseling.
- I love being around kids! I’ve been nannying on/off since Freshman year of college, in 2006.
- I met my fiancé in the most weirdest way possible in such a hopeless place, but we go back to that place once a year to relive that day.
- I’m such an animal lover, especially dogs. I love every single dog I’ve come across- and wish I could quit my job and be a foster to all of them. I will be and am such a mean person to people who mistreat their dogs, animal cruelty is one thing I absolutely can’t stand.
- Speaking of dogs, I have a pomeranian name Maisey who is my baby girl. We have our own language. She is epileptic and it breaks my heart every time she has a seizure, but I would do anything for her and can’t imagine life without her.
- I have the best friends in the world. Really, I do. & we LOVE wine. we really do.
- I LOVE SPORTS. Especially football and basketball. I can talk about them for days. Probably one of the biggest female Spurs fans, since I was little. & Yes, I’m a Cowboys fan too- I will never give up on them, and at the start of every season I say, “this year, is our year”.
- I can live off of Coffee, Sushi, Girl Scout Cookies (Samoas), and Wine. Pretty much all I need.
1. What´s your latest beauty/fashion purchase?
New Kate Spade Gumdrop Studs in white. Perfect for Summer neutrals.
2. Are you saver or spender?
A good mix of both! I LOVE to shop, but now that I have a wedding to consider, I definitely set limits.
3. What´s your favorite Boutique?
I shop online. I can’t go to the mall here- I get claustrophobic, and overwhelmed with how crowded it gets. & I can’t really find a store at the mall that I’m obsessed with, so online it is. Right now some of my favorites are Windsor, Shop Akira, Mint Julep Boutique, & Mindy Maes Market for all jewelry!
4. Name your celebrity crush.
Prince Harry, hands down. Oh my.
5. Describe your fashion Style.
I like to mix it up. It literally depends on the day. I like classic and timeless pieces, but I can’t leave my house without accessories. Dress it up, always. I’m all for new trends, but I always have to have a statement piece. Hence the blog name. :)
6. What are two things you like about yourself?
My sociable personality and the ability I have to put outfits together in my head.
7. What would be your dream job?
This is a hard one. Realistically, a counselor LPC position working with Couples and Adolescents at a mental health agency. If I could pick anything at all, A stylist and full time blogger.
8. What is the first thing to do on your bucket list?
Have dinner with the Royal Family. Yes, really.
9. What is inside your purse?
currently: sunglasses, cell phone, eos pomegranate lip balm, pink Tory Burch Wallet, wedding magazines, Bath and Body Works Hand Sanitizer, cookies ‘n cream quest bar, Kate Spade Into the wild Davie makeup bag with around 32 different lipsticks and lip glosses, Starbucks VIA blonde roast packet, Keys, and wish list notepad.
10. How did you get in to blogging?
I’ve always been into fashion and have read blogs. My sister Gaby and I were on the phone and she was telling me I should start styling people. Since I just moved here, I really don’t know that many people so that was a no-go. But one day I just told Trey I wanted to start blogging. Then 3 days later while in the car The Southern Statement name just came to me, so TSS was born that night.
11. Name one of your Summer Plans.
I’m sure we will have a few unplanned beach trips, but we are going to San Antonio this weekend for a sisters Trip with the guys and babies too.
My 11 Nominees
11 Questions for my Nominees
- Why did you start blogging?
- Name 3 of your favorite blogs/bloggers.
- Name 3 of your favorite online boutiques.
- What’s the best kept secret of the blogging world?
- What’s your favorite trend right now?
- Who takes your blog photos?
- If you had to only pick 3 materialistic items to have the rest of your life, what would they be?
- What do you do for a living?
- What’s your best kept beauty secret?
- What’s your favorite item in your make-up bag?
- What’s in your purse right now?
Thanks for reading!